- #ili2014 - 3 fresh new professional learning opportunities. Exceptional value full-day workshops @IntLibIntl. See bit.ly/1k5qttc
- #China #Baidu Beats Street Targets as Mobile Revenue Surges: #search on.recode.net/1pfE0NP via @recode
- #China: Mobile Web Users Pass PC Users news.investors.com/technology/072… #IBDNews via @IBDinvestors $BIDU $QIHU $VIPS $JD $WUBA
- RT @akenyg: Here's a teaser for my pres @IntLibIntl in Oct: ow.ly/zAjmJ cc @InfoTodayEu #ILI2014 #connectedlearning #hivebuzz #t…
Attracting hundreds of library and information professionals from around the world each year, Internet Librarian International's focus is on practical knowledge and ideas-sharing. At Internet Librarian International you’ll learn how the services and products you need to do your jobs are evolving, and which new technologies and business models you should be watching now and next.
We're delighted to announce that Smithsonian thought leader and digital strategist Michael Edson has agreed to give the opening keynote at Internet Librarian International in London this October.
The Dark Matter of the Internet
Michael Edson, Smithsonian Institution; Open Knowledge Foundation; Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR), USA
Like dark matter, the internet has a force, a mass, and a capability that is often unseen or undetected. For today’s organisations, success comes down to how well we harness the dark matter of the internet and the collaborative, social, peer-to-peer and read/write opportunities it presents. Join us to hear Michael’s thoughts on how the internet’s dark matter is the future of our libraries and information environments.
Day Two Keynote
Digital Inclusion - The Big Mission
Rachel Neaman, Go ON UK
Rachel Neaman is the newly-appointed CEO of Go ON UK, the digital inclusion charity. Prior to joining Go ON UK, Rachel worked at the UK's Department of Health, where she was responsible for developing digital strategy, policy and guidance on transforming public services, as well as on assisted digital and digital inclusion. In this keynote, Rachel will explore how digital skills are empowering people, businesses and countries and describes a roadmap to digital inclusion and prosperity which will have resonance for information professional from all sectors.
2014 Theme - Positive Change: Creating Real Impact
- UNDERSTAND the changes you can make to ensure your communities thrive
- LEARN about emerging models and roles that meet the changing demands of end-users
- HEAR how libraries - and librarians - must change to be future ready
- TAKE HOME new skills and ideas for transformative new services to impact positively on your organisation